Monday, August 3, 2009

We need your prayers...





Today my younger brother, Billy, was diagnosed with melanoma. He is 24 years old and has skin cancer....wow....that doesn't even look right reading it. My little brother who can do anything from a back flip on his first try to snowboarding down a steep mountain in nothing but his holey jeans and fleece has skin cancer. Cancer is not prejudiced to anyone...it doesn't care if you're white, black, yellow, red...it doesn't care if you're male or female....young or old. It can affect a young child, a new mother, a former Olympian athlete...it doesn't care. Damn!!!!! I hate cancer!!!!! Why does this have to happen?!!! Obviously I'm upset, but what really matters are your prayers. I'm asking for everyone who reads this or hears about this to please....please....say your prayers for Billy and anyone else out there who has cancer. I'm begging you!!!

I don't have all the specifics of Billy's diagnosis because they have yet to stage the cancer. I'm praying for Stage I, because it's the best case scenario. Anyhow, please keep him in your prayers. I would really appreciate it. :)

5 comments:

  1. I was going to call you yesterday, but decided to wait until Kaley left so we could have a loooong talk. I am so sorry to hear about Billy. Hoping, praying, crossing fingers, toes and everything else possible that it is early and "minor".

    Health is such a scary thing b/c you are right.....health problems dont choose the healthy!

    Love you!! (and I will call ya later)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you are all in our prayers. Medical technology today is awesome. And...there is nothing more powerful than prayer!! You are in mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Laura, we all know (so srongly) that prayers DO work and certainly Billy and your entire family are in ours. I was talking with a doctor friend of ours last night, and he said the back is the best (if that's possible)place to have melanoma, as it't not as invasive in that area. Please keep us posted. We love you!! Hugs to the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't even know where to begin...i'm sorry to hear about Billy. i almost couldn't read the whole blog without tearing up, and i don't think i've even met him, but my heart goes out to him and your family. and yes, cancer can suck it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to read this Laura. You, Billy, and your family are in my prayers. Please keep us all posted. xoxo

    ReplyDelete