Thursday, August 6, 2009

Post-op update

Billy's surgery went well and they finished a little after 3:00 p.m. Eastern. They removed the tumor, three nearest lymph nodes for dissection, and then performed the skin graft to patch up things. Leslie and I got to talk to Billy on the phone shortly after he woke up. He mentioned something about how he'd gone to battle with ninjas and won. I guess the anesthesia reverted him back to his ninja turtle days. He told me he was Michaelangelo! LOL!!!!

Anyhow, the surgeon said everything went well and he was optimistic. Of course, we will not know the results of the dissection until 8/17. That seems like sooooo far way!!! Keep praying!!! :)

Another funny story....I spoke to my mom this evening and she said they had planned a lite dinner for Billy, because they thought he want to chill. However, not three hours after his surgery....Billy decided he wanted Outback!!!! That's my brother! Go..go..go! Hmmm...thinking about Outback is making me hungry!

3 comments:

  1. A ninja?? Hope he fights this like a ninja! Lots of prayers and a ninja attitude- he is sure to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, its your cousin Jenny. Thanks for the updates. I just wanted you to know that we are all praying for Billy...and that's a lot of people! :) I loved the Outback story...sounds just like something one of my brother's would ask for! We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura, this is Uncle Pete. My friend Shawn is typing this because I'm a one-finger typer. Tell Billy I love him and he's going to get through this because he's tough. He'll just have to make adjustments in his life style, like I did, but everything will be ok. He's in my prayers. Love Uncle Pete

    ReplyDelete