Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pacifiers....


This may look like your 'average' amount of pacifiers for the everyday pacifier user. A few for the nursery, 2 or 3 in the car, maybe some lying around the play area, and even some stored away as replacements. Here's the funny thing....Leah is not a pacifier user!!!!!! Much to my dismay! I was bound and determined to make her one though...by golly...she will be a pacifier sucker! Everyone told me that if you push it over and over again...that soon....she will take the pacifier. Oh that's so not the case. In fact, she gets ticked off if I try and give it to her when she's crying. However, she does like to play with the pacifier...chew on the sides, suck on the pacifier leash...etc.
Oh and as for nipple confusion...there is none of that with Miss Leah. She's too smart for that! She knows that there's nothing better than "breast"! Unfortunately...I have become my daughter's pacifier. Yep....that's right...I'm the human pacifier! I never thought that this would be my callilng...as the human pacifier. Anyhow, I'm currently working on designing some kind of sling device that can let Leah pacify on me whenever she'd like. Then we can look like the monkeys from the National Geographic channel....where the baby monkey is suckling her mother all day long!!!!! I kid!
(P.S. Don't let Leah fool you in that picture....she's totally guilty!)

5 comments:

  1. At least you don't have to worry about arguments at 4 am about who has to go and pick the paci up off the floor and give it back to you TWO YEAR OLD! :) I hope the next one isn't a paci user but I'm afraid Kaitlyn will make her one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, what a cutie pie! Paci or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah is so, so cute - and guess what? She won't be hitting the "mute button" when she reaches ages 2 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. talan is a boob man too. exhausting, isn't it?!?!

    ReplyDelete