Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Jensen/Hanson genes.....

Back in the day I used to daydream about my future children with Ty. I pictured little baby versions of us running around. Lucky us, because we got even better versions of us with Nate and Leah. Way cuter, funnier, and smarter than Ty and I could ever be!!!! (Sorry Ty....I still think you're the best catch though!) I'm bias but I think God picked out our best features and mixed them all together to make Nate and Leah.

Having said that....I also believe that our kids got some of our worst personality traits. Like...did you know that I don't require a lot of sleep? Well neither do Nate and Leah!!! Lucky me!!!! :( Oh and did you know that Ty and I are two of the most stubborn people I know? Yep...that's right....both of my kids have stubborn x 2!!!!! Oh yeah...did I mention that Ty's nickname for me is "Roll a Day"? Yeah....Leah should be called "Pack of wipies a day"! She must have inherited my digestive tract. (BTW....Ty, we need to by stock in Charmin, because people are always going to need toilet paper!). Here's something we all know....I'm LOUD!!!! Therefore....Nate and Leah are loud! No surprise here....my kids are hyper! Wonder where they got that from?! My favorite joke these days is "How am I going to get my 3 year old son to listen when I can't get my 29 year old husband to listen?". Like father..like son.

I must sound awful complaining about my children but I'm really just taking the blame for all of their faults. Who can blame them when it's in their genetic makeup? Speaking of genetic makeups...my kids have inherited so many wonderful traits besides good looks. :) Nate is extremely outgoing, friendly, and warm to anyone he meets. He is very compassionate and loving. A born leader (just like his daddy) and extremely determined. Those are just a few of Nate's good traits, but I'll stop bragging on him for now. Then there's Leah a.k.a. Little Lady, wow....she's a little spitfire....very strong willed! She's my little snuggler and loves to give hugs. Although..she's very particular with whom she shares her affections. I can already tell that she is sensitive which we could definitely use a little more of that around our house with two boys and a mean mommy! :) That's what I gathered from Leah in the short 8 1/2 months that she's blessed us with her presence (minus her months of COLIC!).

Anyhow, I guess my point is that I use to daydream of what my children were going to look like but never what they were going to be like. Isn't that funny? Because their personalities are what make them who they are...not their looks...
Lucky for us though....both of our kids got hooked up in the Jensen/Hanson gene pool!!!! Looks and personality if I do say so myself!!!! I'm way to proud!!!!!
(P.S. I failed to mention that Ty and I both are weird, therefore, our children are destined to be weird! At least we're nice/funny weird and not creepy weird!)

4 comments:

  1. You are so blessed!!! Good for you for being so "in tune" with your babies and their temperaments! Gotta LOVE 'EM!!!! Really love the pics - can't wait till the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the long blogs - today's was awesome. Can't wait to sse those little angels- won't be long now. Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious pictures! Jacob said "it's weird that Nate is only 3 but he is a big brother just like me".....(as if Parker isnt...???) Anyway, great pics. I think they are absolute TWINS!!! Espesh in these pics, they look exactly alike!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG they are getting so big!! leah is so cute!

    ReplyDelete